Are you thinking about going back to school for an advanced business degree but aren’t sure where to begin? Do you want to advance your career but the thought of enrolling in a full-fledged graduate program gives you anxiety?
There may be a solution for you: Have you ever thought of enrolling in a graduate certificate program?
We’re here to talk about one graduate certificate option in particular — Organization Development — which happens to be offered at Marymount University. Let's get started.
Equipping students with the tools to help organizations lead, plan, and cope with change.
Marymount’s Organization Development graduate certificate program (15 credits) studies the impact of of successful organizational change and performance. It is designed for the practitioner of organization development, and the coursework requires students to work in teams to apply OD concepts in major public and private sector organizations in the D.C. area.
Marymount aligns with approved OD Competency Models.
The OD coursework is aligned with the competency models approved by both the Society for Human Resource Management and the Association for Talent Development (ATD) (formerly known as the American Society of Training and Development).
The ATD Competency Model emphasizes:
- Change Management
- Performance Improvement
- Instructional Design
- Training Delivery
- Learning Technologies
- Evaluating Learning Impact
- Managing Learning Programs
- Integrated Talent Management
Objectives of Organizational Development:
- Increase levels of interpersonal trust among employees
- Confront internal problems
- Effectively manage conflict
- Promote cooperation and collaboration among employees
- Make employees aware of the vision of the organization
- Prepare employees to align with organizational changes
- Facilitate organizational problem solving
- Implement processes to improve the ongoing operations of an organization
Lay the foundation for additional advanced learning:
Marymount University is dedicated to a student-centered learning environment, and that's why students of the Organization Development graduate certificate program are encouraged to further their education with a business- or technology-related master's degree.
Check out these blog posts that outline what you need to know about pursuing an advanced management graduate degree.
- A Good Man[ager] is Hard to Find
- My Journey as a Human Resource Management Student at Marymount University
- How I Juggled 4 Kids and Marymount's MS Cybersecurity Program
Want to learn more about Marymount's Organization Development graduate certificate?
If you hope to advance your career and are thinking about starting with a graduate certificate program, we hope you'll request more information today about Marymount's Organization Development certificate degree!
Explore our downloadable resource: A Guide to Management Graduate Certificate Programs at Marymount University!