Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of others?
Are you thinking about pursuing a master's degree in education as a way of jumpstarting your teaching career?
If this sounds like you, then we want to outline a few reasons why you should consider attending an Education Info Session at Marymount University.
Now is your chance to find out more about the incredibly dynamic and fulfilling field of education. At Marymount University, we host Education Events where you can get all of your questions answered and all of your concerns assuaged. So without further delay, here are four reasons you should attend an Education Info Session while you consider getting a master's degree in education.
1. You’ll have the opportunity to speak with Marymount faculty.
Marymount’s faculty will be present at the info session to explain the programs and classes available, academic workload, and to answer any questions you may have. Marymount faculty is engaging, thorough, and more than happy to help you navigate the field of education with their professional expertise.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to hear firsthand from faculty about the rigors and rewards of a career in their respective fields.
2. You can explore the various graduate Education programs that Marymount offers.
By attending an Education Info Session, you'll have the opportunity to explore the graduate degree programs in Education offered at Marymount. For instance, Marymount offers the following graduate Education programs:
- Catholic School Leadership (M.Ed. with PK-12 licensure) / Administration and Supervision (M.Ed. with PK-12 licensure)
- Curriculum and Instruction (M.Ed. without licensure)
- Elementary Education (M.Ed. with teaching licensure, PK-6)
- Secondary Education (M.Ed. with teaching licensure, 6-12)
- Special Education: General Curriculum (M.Ed. with teaching licensure, K-12)
If you don’t know which program you prefer or if you’re interested in several different ones, an info session at Marymount is the best place to find the program right for you. Plus, you’ll have the opportunity to speak with Marymount’s admissions officers who will shed more light on the flexibility and possibilities within each program.
3. You can inquire about financial aid options.
Marymount’s financial aid experts will be at the info session ready to explain your options for financing your education. A graduate degree is an important investment in your future, and we want to make that future possible for you here at Marymount University.
You’ll learn more about the variety of options available to our graduate students. From scholarships and grants to loans, assistantships, and employment — a graduate degree is a more affordable reality than you might think.
In the meantime, feel free to explore some of our other blog articles on financing graduate school.
- 4 Ways You Can Make Graduate School More Affordable
- 7 Scholarships for Future Teachers Seeking an MEd
- Can Your Employer Help You Fund Your Graduate Education?
- 4 Other Ways to Fund Your Graduate Education (When a Graduate Assistantship Position isn't Available)
4. Get the inside scoop on the Marymount experience from students and alumni.
Nobody knows more about graduate school life and academics than someone who’s gone through the program. Students and alumni will be at the info session and will be eager to speak with you about their experience and how Marymount University has prepared them for a career in the education field. They’ll talk about their school-life balance, academic demands, professional goals, and much more.
Come prepared with questions and make the most out of your time at one of these Education Info Sessions. We can't wait to meet you!
Visit our Education Events Page to explore our upcoming in-person and virtual Education Events!