It's not surprising: Pursuing a job in the field of data science can result in an extremely lucrative career (trust us, we did the research, and we'll cover it in this post!).
While data science professionals can anticipate landing a high-paying job, it's no secret that going back to school for a graduate degree can be costly. For that reason, we've researched and outlined four financial aid options for students seeking to pursue the field of data science.
1. ACM SIGHPC/Intel Computational & Data Science Fellowships:
- Pro Tip: For more information on Marymount University's Data Science specialization, check out our digital resource that answers the question — what is data science? — and so much more.
2. NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program:
- Pro Tip: As someone who's passionate about the field of technology, this blog article is a must-read: 5 Data Science Careers Projected to Boom by 2022.
3. Women Techmakers Scholars Program:
- Pro Tip: If you're a woman seeking a career in the field of cybersecurity, read our blog article — It's a Man[ager]'s World: 7 Female Leaders in Cybersecurity — to learn about several women who have made a difference in this high-demand field.
4. Generation Google Scholarship:
- Pro Tip: For more information on Marymount University's Data Science track within the Cybersecurity graduate program, explore our new resource, which covers info on data science jobs, career outlook, tips for picking a program, and much more.
Data Science Jobs & Career Outlook:
- Analytics Manager
- Data Architect
- Business Analyst
- Data Engineer
- Database Administrator
- Data Visualizer
- Quantitative Analyst